Thread: JDK 1.6 Silent Install

JDK 1.6 Silent Install

Where can I got a complete list of entire parameters which are able to passed with the JDK installer for a silent install? I would need to have the reference information for windows installer and the installers for different platforms. Such type of information can be begin with the JDK 1.6 u17 and later. The installation guidelines display some examples but NOT the entire parameters required. For instance , one of the INSTALLDIRPUBJRE is noted...

Silent Installation with JRE 1.6_04

I am just making a batch file for the silent installation of Sun JRE. I can easily do the uninstallation of JRE and Install JRE. However I am getting the problems while configuring up the parameters like AUTOUPDATECHECK=0 and SSL_V2_COMPATIBLE_HELLO=1 while doing the installation . Has someone here tried this before ? I have used the below suggested batch file to install the JRE:

jre-6u4-windows-i586-p.exe /s ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=0 MOZILLA=0 JAVAUPDATE=0 AUTOUPDATECHECK=0 SSL_V2_COMPATIBLE_HELLO=1

Has someone moved for the installation with all these parameters?

Re: JDK 1.6 Silent Install

I didn't got any indication in the Sun documentation that the parameters you are working with are even valid with 1.6. Where did you got them? This is what the 1.6 Silent Install instruction from Sun as : http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/te...de/silent.html

I didn't got the SSL_V2_COMPATIBLE_HELLO listed anywhere. If you are getting the issues with the custom installation, I would suggest you to communicating with the sun as it is their product.

I have tried all the way to resolve this and finally I posted this . Actually, the point is that it is the default installation of JRE 1.6, SSL and forms would not work. Do you consider that sun is moving to work on this very buggy issue if we log a bug or Sun will work on a high priority if Oracle logs a bug with them. ( We are working upon the JRE only because its required for forms to work )

Primarily , why do you continuously stating that the JRE 1.6 is requires for Forms to work? it is not actually true. I am just assuming that you are running with the version 10.1.2.x on any platform different from Vista, you have such type of options described below :

1. Oracle Jinitiator (suggested 1.3.1.28 or latest if SSL is used)
    2. Sun JRE 1.4.2_xx (suggested 1.4.2_17)
    3. Sun JRE 1.5.0_xx (suggested 1.5.0_15)
    4. Sun JRE 1.6.0_xx (suggested 1.6.0_03 or 1.6_05)

For enabled vista clients:

1. Sun JRE 1.4.2_xx (recommend 1.4.2_17) (Not compatible with the Oracle but should work)
    2. Sun JRE 1.5.0_xx (recommend 1.5.0_15)
    3. Sun JRE 1.6.0_xx (recommend 1.6.0_03 or 1.6_05)

On other hand , before blaming at Oracle Forms, have you checked out using SSL with a generic Java Applet executing in Application Server? And third point is that , I don't get appropriate information to call this a "bug".

I just checked out the JRE 1.6.0_05 with Forms 10.1.2.0 in Internet Explorer7 on Windows XP and it goes without error message using HTTP or HTTPS. In my situation , I am working with the Oracle demo cert that is included with the installation as it is all I contained . But the common point is that 1.6 works.

We are running with the recently released version of JRE which is 1.6 since it has minimum vulnerabilities in the comparison with the before ones. As I suggested before that any JRE 1.6.X default installation will not be feasible with the SSL.

As according to the above asked, NO . Third one ,in the current moment, I don't get enough information to call such type of "bug". Fine . I have to check with the JRE 1.60_05 and SSL. I will done the update for you.Actually, we are accessing the certificate from that .