Thread: Netbeans 6.5.1 installer can't find JDK 6u14

Netbeans 6.5.1 installer can't find JDK 6u14

I am testing Windows 7 currently after making proper installation of JDK 6 u14, I have tried to perform the installation of Netbeans 6.5.1 and got the error message as :

Java SE Development Kit (JDK) was not found on this computer

JDK 6 or JDK 5 is required for installing the Netbeans IDE. Make sure that the JDK is properly installed and run installer again. You can specify valid JDK location using -javahome installer argument.
    Guys ! Can somebody tell me how to get the Netbeans working properly ? When I have done the installation of this on Windows Vista, it worked as the charm.

Thanks

Re: Netbeans 6.5.1 installer can't find JDK 6u14

I have tried to search a lot on the Google and found the solution. Just moved to the http://www.netbeans.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=134252 and read. The fix lies in unzipping the Netbeans installer from the .EXE file and then making a double click on the .JAR file to launch the installer and the syntax specified as :

netbeans-6.5.1-windows.exe --extract java -jar bundle.jar
    This issue should really be located by the Netbeans developers because it is an actual pain unless you are aware about the workaround.

The only problem with that is just trying to perform the uninstallation of it later. The uninstaller launched into the similar problem as the installer and there is no workaround for uninstalling other than remove entire netbeans directories and then removing registry entries. I was then capable to install using this one thread but I launched into different problem with ICEFaces, so I had to uninstall Netbeans and install MyEclipse. Something to consider about before installing the NetBeans.

I have recently installed the jave-ee-sdk-5-08_sdk_6u18-windows.exe on my windows PC and sun_java_me_sdk_3-0-windows.exe => [ERROR: Java JDK not found on this computer]. I have done the former installation of the same in C:\Sun\SDK\bin with jdk C:\Sun\SDK\jdk and the PATH C:\Sun\SDK\bin variable configured appropriately.

I found this one error message today while performing the installation of NetBeans SE IDE.

Error: JDK 6 or JDK 5 is required for installing the NetBeans IDE. Make sure that the JDK is properly installed and run the installer again….. Fix : As the error goes on to suggest , “You can specify valid JDK location using –javahome installer [...]
    Any suggestions ..

You have installed the Java EE SDK, at the time when Java ME SDK needs the installation of Java SE SDK (yeah , it's a little confusing. Just go back to previous : SE="normal" Desktop Java, EE=enterprise (i.e. web) Java, ME=mobile Java). Grab the Java SE SDK and perform the installatio of the same.