Thread: JDK and Eclipse installation simultaneously

JDK and Eclipse installation simultaneously

Hi everyone , I am newbie for the java programming and all and not I have used Java before.I want to go for the implementation of this but having some issues . I have practice a lot enough on MS technologies . I want to be sure that if I have eclipse installed on my machine , do I still require to perform the installation of the same separately to be able to compile my Java programs ? Please help me to share your experiences with the java programming ..

Thanks ..

Re: JDK and Eclipse installation simultaneously

I am sure about the Wrong and right about this but Eclipse always not provided with a jdk but a compiler and run-time environment built in. According to the technical specification, you would not require to go for the installation of one, though if you need to run or compile from different way, the IDE (highly recommended ) or need to test against the reference implementation (even well, the built-in compiler doesn't have to proper compatibility) you should.
    God is REAL... unless declared an INTEGER

Quote Originally Posted by Nikita.P View Post
    I am sure about the Wrong and right about this but Eclipse always not provided with a jdk but a compiler and run-time environment built in. According to the technical specification, you would not require to go for the installation of one, though if you need to run or compile from different way, the IDE (highly recommended ) or need to test against the reference implementation (even well, the built-in compiler doesn't have to proper compatibility) you should.
    First of all, you require a JRE installed to run the eclipse. There is one more thing that I wanted to make you sure , when you installed an SDK then you can get eclipse to display you the source for Java core classes (for example if you suspend the process from eclipse).

I am very glad to got the replies from you all and thanks to you all for such replies . I am completely agree with Nikita though as if I make any relation of it with the MS world, Visual studio also facilitates the capability to compile within the recommended IDE. I am just thinking that why is it suggested to compile code outside the Eclipse ?

Because a reverse build process is (or at least may be) automated, and doesn't rely on somebody pressing a button in an IDE. One more thing, because (as I stated ) the compiler in Eclipse is not compliant properly and can therefore at (rare, admittedly) times emit compiled code which is not supported with the Sun (or indeed different one) run-time. Using the reference implementation compiler outside of the Eclipse gets those occurrences before your code ever included to be complied within a production environment.