Thread: LDAP Integration and Password Authentication

LDAP Integration and Password Authentication

I am having the connect enterprise server running. I am able to configure the LDAP connection for importing the User and Groups from the windows Server 2003 Active Director Services. The thing is that after importing the user accounts which are not having the password. It seems that there are more than two ways to go.
    1. First you need to set up the authentication proxy for the user or password check for the Single sign On.
    2. After that you have send the email to all the user for the changing and setting their password.
    3. After that you have to set the password for the existing LDAP field value.

I think that it is impossible for checking the password at the time you are login compare to the real LDAP password without setting the proxy or the other authentication. The thing is that I do not wat a Single Sign On. I need to have the users windows password to present for the Adobe Connect Password.

We are using different software in the company that does this process in the exact same manner. You are also allowed to import the user account so that there is no need to create it manually. After all this explanation I want to know whether it is possible to configure the Adobe Connect server. Any relate reply for the LDAP Integration and Password Authentication will be appreciated.

Re: LDAP Integration and Password Authentication

The thing that you want to achieve can be done using the Breeze Solution Accelerators, you just need to download this software and configure it with your system. After that you will be allowed to use the same functionality that you are using in your company. It will be better to use full Macromedia Breeze Communication Server that will include the entire set of XML based web services.

Thank you for the quick response you have provided I have understood the concept that you telling about. I will buy that software for the things to achieve. Now I am facing the similar problem related to the other topic. I am currently developing a php application which will allow authenticating an SSL LDAP directory. When I try to authenticate by using the ldap_bind, I returned the error "Cannot contact LDAP server". I did some research and this error could be that the client application does not accept SSL certificates correspondents. If the cause is this one, should I file the certificates in a specific place for this to work? It seems that there is a PERL function to inhibit or to accept applications SSL servers. Would there not a similar command in php? We are working under IIS4 server software with php 4.3 on a windows machine nt4. Can you provide little help related to it?

What is your code to begin to delineate the scope of error possible because although there is actually some client applications that refute the corresponding SSL certificate that is usually quite rare. Moreover, I can indeed confirm that there is this Functionality in Perl, but not in php (to my knowledge) although it is also possible to work around the problem.

Here is the code that simply authenticates and returns the error that I mentioned.
    Code:
    <Php 
    echo '<h3> LDAP query test </ h3>'; 
    echo 'Connecting ... <br>'; 
    $ Ds = ldap_connect ("ldaps: / / hostAnnuaire /") / / must be a valid LDAP server! 
    $ Result = ldap_set_option ($ ds, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, 3); 
    echo "set_option LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION = 2". $ result. "<br>"; 
    if ($ ds) ( 
    echo'Hello... <br> '; 
    $ Dn = "dn valid"; 
    $ Mdp = "password valid"; 
    echo $ dn. "<br>"; 
    $ R = ldap_bind ($ ds, $ dn, $ password); / / authentication 
    if ($ r) ( 
    echo "Connection successful LDAP <br>"; 
    Else () 
    echo "LDAP Connection Failed:". ldap_error ($ ds). "<br>" / / this is what is the error "can not contact LDAP server 
    ) 
    echo "Closing connection"; 
    ldap_close ($ ds); 

Else () 
    echo "<h4> Unable to connect to LDAP server. </ h4> '; 
    ) 
    ?>

A small thing you have to consider related to this if someone has set itself ldaps connection problem it must indicate the path of certificates in the php code? I think you can understand what I am trying to say. You just need to take care of that I mean you have to take care of the path certificate in the php code that you have provided.