Thread: Routine backup occur regardless of File/Directory

Routine backup occur regardless of File/Directory

cPanel offers an automated backup. Once installed, i will not have to intervene. Simply select the files to backup and encrypt that deals to keep them on their servers securely. Thus, your data is rendered unreadable when they are sent and remain effective until their backup servers. I can freely choose to save all of your data, or select the files or folders for backup. Your computer is not slowing cpanel software is invisible! You choose what you want to recover If you need to find specific items, you can retrieve one or more file individual to the desired location on your hard drive in the desired version. I want to know that the routine backups occur regardless of File/Directory. Please explain.
    Last edited by Deandre; 17-06-2010 at 04:44 AM.

Re: Routine backups occur regardless of File/Directory

I saw somewhere that the patch 4 is buggy. I decided to install the 1.5.4 full package and it worked, both for 1.5.4 but for the cpanel on local site:
    - Backup database, backup directory / htdocs / mysite
    - Unpacking the zip file to the existing directories (merging reps and replace all existing files
    - Do some tests to verify that there is no pb: administrator, taking into account the new version, etc.
    - I did not even pre-install on remote site:
    Themselves in local backups, configuration.php,. Htaccess is already working with the PHP code at the end of a file (for the inclusion of PHP v5)
    - Empty all directories located in / htdocs / mysite / tmp directories except, logs, sessions (+ images on my site for my needs)
    - Transfer all the local directories to the remote site, including files from the root, do not crush. Htacess already functioning as configuration.php

Restoring backups complete file by file or by synchronizing to recover data accidentally overwritten. Backup software itself for its relocation from the backup even if total destruction of the machine that makes the security of your data independent of software and durability of its supplier. The free version is limited Winsauvegarde about the volume of data it is possible to treat and does not provide encryption of backups but is not limited in time and is actually usable. From the free version you can buy the classic version or professional.

There is often an update via FTP because of problems with corrupted files. That is why it is always advisable to ftp the zip on the server and use the instruments to decompress on the server site (CPanel / File Manager). The easiest way - if you have root access - is to make a copy wholesale the old server to new server. Otherwise, you will need to copy account by account.

If you have roots on both servers use the link WHM mutiple transfer. This package, copying and transfer of all configure the new server just fine. Well at least 99% of the time. This represents 1% for minor problems, for example: if you go from Linux packages for freebsd directory may not have been created on the freebsd box. If you use a nonstandard port. I also suggest if you assign dedicated IP to all the sites that you do them separately or allocate IP addresses once the transfer is complete. However, if the site on the old server has a cert to separate and assign the intellectual property during the transfer. If you do not like the IP, you can always attributed the change once you've uploaded.