Thread: SFTP and port assignment for remote FTP backups

SFTP and port assignment for remote FTP backups

Most client-server applications perform a query on a remote host on a given port and open a port back to retrieve the data. However, some applications use more one port for exchanging data with the server, this applies for example FTP for which a connection is established through the port 21, but the data are transferred through the port 20. Thus with the NAT mechanism, after a connection request on port 21 to a remote FTP server, the gateway waits for a connection on one port and deny the connection request to port 20 of the client. I need to SFTP and port assignment for remote FTP backups. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Re: SFTP and port assignment for remote FTP backups

It is necessary to configure the router to perform port mapping (or port forwarding). The router is what is called the network address translation (NAT). It suffices to specify that the web server port of my machine (80) will correspond to port 80 of router. Most of the time, the router's configuration interface is accessible via a URL like http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1.
    You will also certainly Your IP Closed for some routers. The screenshot below shows the interface of a Linksys router (tab 'Applications and Gaming').

I have a server HTTP (Web server) on my machine I would like to make it available on the Internet but I am in a LAN behind a router. Try to image: my network is like a house, the router is the door. I want to make available to the outside world a socket (I know it's silly, but for example). I will therefore first drill a hole in the door, what is called in computer open a port and secondly to an extension cord from the socket and use the hole in the door, is what is called port forwarding. It is thus a configuration to perform at the door ... that is to say the router.

You can create multiple SSH2 / SFtp profiles for easy use in your office. To create a new profile, click on the button "New profile". Be sure to click the button after you enter the site settings.
    TAB Guest - This tab allows you to set the connection settings of the site area. Most users should only use the options on the table.
    Profile - Enter a name that describes this site SFtp.
    Host - Enter the hostname or IP address.
    Port - Enter the desired port. Transfer SSH2 port = 22.
    Username - Enter your username.
    Password - Enter your password. If you are primary authentication public / private use, write your pass phrase in this field.

You need to use Tab connection. This tab allows you to connect to a server SFtp, if you're behind a wall with fireproof / proxy server. These configurations are similar to your web browser configurations. You can copy the settings of your proxy configurations the default browser. If your web browser is not installed, please check with your network administrator, because the hostname and left configurations required.

You need to correct sshd_config correct, just that you have not yet returned your public key in your authorized keys. When that is done it will no longer require a password. Your PHP server is the same server as the SSH? If not, you must generate your RSA keys on the PHP server. Then you go on the PHP server, even if it is the same as the SSH server, then type this:

Code:
    ssh-copy-id david @ serveur_ssh
    It will ask for your password, then it will copy your public key on the SSH server in authorized_keys. After that, you can use your PHP connection without a password, by providing authorized public key (~ / .ssh / id_rsa.pub on the PHP server normally).