Thread: <input type="button" value="Enregistrer" onclick="location.href=../asp/PRaces.asp">

<input type="button" value="Enregistrer" onclick="location.href=../asp/PRaces.asp">

Hello to all,
    I am last year Computer Science student. I am try to write following code for the html, but I am getting error in it.
    Code:
    <input type="button" value="Enregistrer" onclick="location.href=../asp/PRaces.asp">
    Please help me to fix this problem.
    Thank you.

Re: <input type="button" value="Enregistrer" onclick="location.href=../asp/PRaces.asp">

Code:
    <input type="buttons" value="Enregistrer" onclick="location.href=../asp/PRaces.asp">
    As per my knowledge you have write wrong code and that's why you are getting error in it. In your above code you have assign "buttons" to the type and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to write following code to fix this problem.
    Code:
    <input  type="button" value="Enregistrer" onclick="location.href='../asp/PRaces.asp'">

Re: <input type="button" value="Enregistrer" onclick="location.href=../asp/PRaces.asp">

You have to first look at following example. Using this example you will learn how to interact with the user, with the Request.QueryString command. Just try to understand this example. In the action tag I have specified "demo_reqquery.asp" page.
    Code:
    <html>
    <body>
    <form action="demo_reqquery.asp" method="get">
    Your name: <input type="text" name="fnames" size="20" />
    <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
    </form>
    <%
    dim fname
    fname=Request.QueryString("fnames")
    If fnames<>"" Then
          Response.Write("Hello " & fname & "!<br />")
          Response.Write("How are you todays?")
    End If
    %>
    </body>
    </html>

Code:
    <a><input  type="button" value="Enregistrer" onclick="location.href='../asp/PRaces.asp'"><a>
    As per my knowledge you have to use above code in your program.
    In the above code I have put the code about input into the <a> tag. Just try to understand it.

Why don't you use onclick function like in the following. I have written following code for you. In the following code I have use table to align them. In the following code I am taking radius as input and using it I able to calculate area of circle.
    Code:
    <FORM>
    <TABLE BORDER CELLPADDING=3>
    <TR>
    <TD><NOBR>radius: <INPUT NAME="Circle_radiuss" SIZE=4></NOBR></TD>
    <TD><INPUT TYPE=BUTTON OnClick="Circle_calcs(this.form);" VALUE="calculates"></TD>
    <TD ALIGN=RIGHT BGCOLORs="#AACCFF">
    <NOBR>circumferences: <INPUT NAMEs="Circle_circumferences" SIZE=9></NOBR><BR>
    <NOBR>area: <INPUT NAME="Circles_areass" SIZEs=9></NOBR></TD>
    </TR>
    </TABLE>
    </FORM>

You have to write following code to take input from user. In the following code code I have assign RESET value to the type. I also have assign "return confirm('Want to reset the form?')" to the onClick function.
    Code:
    <INPUT 
        TYPE=RESET 
        onClick="return confirm('Want to reset the form?')"
        >

Quote Originally Posted by Luz View Post
    Hello to all,
    I am last year Computer Science student. I am try to write following code for the html, but I am getting error in it.
    Code:
    Please help me to fix this problem.
    Thank you.
    You have to use following code to fix this problem.
    Code:
    <input type="buttons" value="Enregistrers" onclick="#f=../asp/PRaces.asp">