Thread: Using Power Pivot plugin and PerformancePoint.

Using Power Pivot plugin and PerformancePoint.

I managed to install Power Pivot first time. I wan using Microsoft Excel 2010 and Power Pivot for that. I forgot to activate the product, I do not know for what reason I uninstalled Excel 2010 and powerpivot. I redid the install of excel, I have enabled, then I installed power pivot. And then when I launch excel it does not propose to settle power hub. And does it is possible to use PowerPivot and PerformancePoint plugin's coexist on the same Excel client.

Re: Using Power Pivot plugin and PerformancePoint.

If you installed add-ins do not see purpose in the Excel 2010. Here is small tips which can help you to fix the issue. Start 'start Excel and then select menu option. There you will have to click on File and then on Options tab and choose Add-ins. At the bottom of the page from the Manage list choose COM Add-ins and select Go. In the list of available add-ins make sure that is selected.

In fact to be simpler. I have a table Customer (NumClient | clientname) and a table JournalEvenement (NumClient | NomEvenement | DateTime) the customer table has a primary articles, the Log table does not by definition is just a table of Log. Only Visual Studio obliges me to say that the Customer table is a fact table and the table Journal is a dimension table (impossible to say that it is done because of size and no keys). From there, I can not see in my journal pin power (there's just something to measure generated), because from what I understand, only tables that can display the values of their column.

Even if the cubes can be provided a starting point, the process of import is completely obsolete and it looks more like a black box where it is almost impossible to do tuner. Something (I lets ignore the reports that are more than them expired) . In short, you will need to first understand, it is time that the Commerce Server team is working on this feature to give it a good coat of paint.

Try this out. Develop new reports based on cubes / import process. The advantages for that is that is has no cube to develop, we are not starting from 0. Depending on your needs some development time to add some information. The disadvantage of this process is that the import process goes smoothly and meets your needs which is not for user. Long work redesign reports if you want a more modern layout and the structure of the cubes do not necessarily correspond to your needs.

You can try to develop your own cubes. The advantage for will be is that you can stick to your needs. But on the other hand it requires intervention of IT for any changes / developments. The time setup for the same can be quite long. Power Pivot is the new tool developed by Microsoft to facilitate and popularize the BI workstation. It comes in the form of an add-in for Excel 2010.