Thread: How to open file with extension ASPX

How to open file with extension ASPX

I am having the desktop computer system in which i am using the Windows Vista operating system. I am having the problem in opening the ASPX files in the desktop. I have many files with the extension with .aspx in the desktop. I want to know that how to open file with extension ASPX. I want to see what is there in those files which i have in my computer system.

Re: How to open file with extension ASPX

You are having the desktop computer system which has the Windows Vista operating system installed in it. You want to know about the aspx file format and how can you open it in your computer system. A file with the ASPX file extension is an ASP.NET Source file. So i think you should have the program installed which can open this file.

It is not assigned that the file with the .aspx extension will be only for the ASP.NET, other type of the files can also have the aspx file extension. So if anyone knows any other file type which has the aspx file extension then do feel free to share here. If possible also provide the additional information of that file type. It will help lot of people in understanding the aspx file format.
    Last edited by Author; 01-04-2010 at 08:47 AM.

For opening the file with the aspx extension, just double click on that aspx file and let the computer and the operating system decide which is the most suitable application is available in your system for opening the .aspx files stored on your computer system. The file will be opened automatically if you have any software for this file format in your system.

Procedure for opening the file with extension ASPX.

• Open Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
    • Click on file menu.
    • Choose the Open File from the File menu.
    • Now select the ASPX file in the pop-up window.
    • Select OK.

There is a very simple way is available for opening the file with the extension ASPX without installing any software or using any web browser in your desktop computer system. You can just open it by the following method.
    Right click on .aspx file-> select open with-> select notepad. Now the file will be opened in the notepad. You can also open it with other word editor application available in your computer.