Thread: Features of Perl language

Features of Perl language

Hello Guys,

I need you help to sort out my query related to the Perl language. I am unable to understand features of the Perl language. I have don't have enough knowledge about Perl language. Does anyone know the features of Perl language? If yes then please try to share it me. I will greatly appreciate your help over this issue.

Re: Features of Perl language

Perl is the convenience for the programmer (there are shortcuts that are described as language "diagonal) rather than a desire strict aesthetic architecture (languages" orthogonal "). Perl is a scripting language which is Very comprehensive and Cross-platformAnd has been described as' cement ensuring the cohesion of the web "is the most popular language for writing scripts CGI.

Perl is focused on the most operating systems but excels particularly in environmental POSIX (Linux, Mac OS X, Cygwin under Microsoft Windows etc..). And it becomes as popular as Microsoft Windows (excluding Cygwin) With the ease of installing the free ActivePerl distribution (version 5.8 which allows the use of the Unicode or GUI) and development environments as free SciTE or epic[3] for Eclipse, or commercial as Komodo.

The Perl is a imperative language whose syntax is derived from the C language and shells UNIX. As shell, the character pound sign (#) introduces a Comment. The Syntax Perl is rich which allows to express concisely the expressions in other languages, would require the use of calls to functions Libraries. But it may be initially restricted to a subset of language.Perl is generally described as a language Dynamically Typed. This characterization is incomplete because Perl is also statically typed but has few types.

The last major version of Perl, 5.10, includes features inspired by the future Perl 6 as a control structure switch much more powerful than C, and catch appointed to the operator Match. The effort to develop Perl 6 opens so already renewed vigor of Perl 5. Many features implemented by libraries in Perl 5 will be available natively in Perl 6. Thus the parsing will be integrated into the regular expression engine.

Perl starts by translating the source code, Statement by statement, to AST, which is then optimized. If instructions are in a special block as BEGIN or CHECK. They are executed upon compilation (and therefore before the rest of the source code is compiled). This is particularly true of modules loaded by the instruction use. The AST itself is a bit more elaborate than usual AST because it contains the execution paths. During the implementation phase, the interpreter then follows the paths present in the AST.