Thread: Eclipse and File Properties

Eclipse and File Properties

Hello,
    Here is my problem, I encode two classes in java, which I serve to read. With the properties, No pb, I can read a file.properties as I am not in eclipse. But I use eclipse, it sends a message that it can not find the file.properties while he is in the same folder where the two classes. Hope you guys will help me with the problem. Thanks in advance.

Re: Eclipse and File Properties

Hello,
    I have a similar kind of a problem with eclipse and the properties file. My tree is very simple. There is one package and all my classes are inside. To access the properties, I have defined getters. But if I go under my workspace and my package through a shell and that I run. Class, no pb to read. Properties gets all my values. That's when I'm in eclipse and I compile it to work more. But for my other projects without. Properties all compiles and runs. This is not a path bp. So, if any one has a solution for this then it would be great. Thanks for your help.

Hello,
    Because I think that goes right to the filename which you have mentioned in the Eclipse IDE. Properties instead of the road. What I think is that if this file is the same place as the two classes that are in the package my_package, then you must access it through "my_package / example.properties" and not by "example.properties" shortcut file. I hope you are getting the point what I am trying to explain here.

Hello,
    Thanks for your replies, but no, none of the solutions proposed is not working. I actually put the file in the root of the project, I also indicated the path. Nothing at all. My path of the file is as follows
    Code:
    workspace / MyProject / my_package / my-src.
    In my src is my Properties files. I have a package. Yet when I go out of eclipse, everything works perfectly, but the properties file have a problem, I do not know what exactly is the problem with the properties file.

Hello,
    It will not always know exactly how you can access your files? You showed us several types of access but it is unclear what lies behind. Furthermore we do not know your tree if it works. Finally the error message could be useful to use for debugging. But now you just show us the code using a class (Access) which we know nothing about. I do not see how you could help with so little info. Any information on this is need to give you a exact solution for your problem.

Hello,
    I might suggest you put an absolute path to your properties file, but it's not clean and you can not move your project. If your file is in your src if you tell him "my_package / mes_src / some.properties" is usually good. And also I more suggestion, do not use backslashes for file paths. Whether you bristle under Linux or Windows, use the simple slashes or method file.separator () for separators. Try with my_package / src / some.properties. Hope the tips will help you with your problem.