Thread: Turbo C++ v3.0 gives Linker Error

Turbo C++ v3.0 gives Linker Error

Hi friends,
    I recently started learning c++ language. I have written simple code in c++. I don't get any error when I compile this program, but when I tried to run it, the Turbo C++ v3.0 gives Linker Error. The error is like "Undefined Symbol _getsmaxxs in module cars.c". I don't know what is that mean. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem.
    Thanks in advanced.

Re: Turbo C++ v3.0 gives Linker Error

As per my information it can not find required function from your file and that's why you are getting such type of error message. It may also happened that it can't find function definition or declaration from your file. In this case you have to write right code to fix this problem. Just check that, whether that function is present in your .c file or not. If not, then add that function and after this try to run your code.

You are using some old version of Turbo C++ and that's why you are getting such type of problem. Most of the people face such type of error message and they think that there is problem in their code. In this case you have to install new version of Turbo C++ in your computer to fix this problem. As per my information Turbo C++ 4.5 is the new version. If you want this software then click here.

From your information it seems that you have declare objects in headers and that's why you are getting such type of problem. Do not declare objects in headers. If you give me code that you have written, then it will be easy for me to give you proper address. It seems that you have multiple declarations in your code.

Just try to look out for turboc.cfg. If this file is in another folder then you will get such type of error message. In this case you have to place this file into same directory as TC.EXE to fix this problem. Just copy turboc.cfg and paste it into "c:\TC" this location. After this you will not get any problem.
    I hope my suggestion will help you.