Thread: What is LZF in PHP?

What is LZF in PHP?

Hello friends,
    I just started with the topics that is useful for doing the compression in the PHP programming language. I never used the functions or the classes that are used for compressing the files or extracting the files in PHP. Now I want to know about the LZF and I don't know much about it. So please tell me what is LZF in PHP? Hope that you got my point.!?! Please help me soon.!!
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2

Re: What is LZF in PHP?

LZF is a compression algorithm which is very fast, ideal for saving disk space without much loss of time. It can be optimized for speed or compression at compile time. This extension uses the library "liblzf created by Marc Lehmann. LibLZF is a very small data compression library. It consists of only two. C and two. H files and is very easy to incorporate into your own programs. The compression algorithm is very, very fast, yet still written in portable C. LibLZF is an ideal library for the Fast, real-time compression, where liblzf can save I / O without costing too much CPU time.

These functions are available in the standard PHP module, which is always available. This extension PECL is not bundled with PHP. If you want to use these functions you must compile PHP with lzf using the configure option - with-lzf [= DIR]. You can also pass the - enable-lzf-better-compression to optimize LZF a perspective of space at the expense of speed. Windows users must enable the library php_lzf.dll in php.ini to use these functions. No DLL for this PECL extension is currently available.

The following are the LZF Functions that are commonly used in PHP :
    • lzf_compress - LZF compression
    • lzf_decompress - LZF decompression
    • lzf_optimized_for - Determines how to optimize LZF extension

lzf_compress () compresses the data by using the encoding LZF.
    Signatures reduce available bandwidth

To install lzf, you can use
    gunzip lzf-xxx.tgz
    tar -xvf lzf-xxx.tar
    cd lzf-xxx
    phpize
    ./configure && make && make install
    Hope that this helps you in installing the LZF in PHP.
    I do to dead flowers what people at morgues do to dead people. Suck all the moisture out, dip them in plastic, paint them up pretty and put them in a nice frame.

LZF is a very fast compression algorithm, ideal for saving space with only slight speed cost. It can be optimized for speed or space at the time of compilation. You don't have to install any external libraries to build this extension. If your extension links to an external library, you will need at least two builds of the library, one with Visual Studio 6 (VC6) and one with Visual Studio 2008 (VC9).
    "When they give you ruled paper, write the other way..." J.R.J.

Adydsauza Guest

If PEAR is available on your *nix-like system you can use the pear installer to install the LZF extension, by the following command: pear -v install lzf.

You can always download the tar.gz package and install LZF by hand