Thread: Problem with inheritance in java

Problem with inheritance in java

Hello,
    I have a small problem with the code

1 The application package contains two pacInterface1 and pacObject1. The first is composed of interface and the second classes that implement these interfaces. Thus we will find one class per interface.

Application 2 (the one that interests me) contains two such packages pacInterface2 and pacObject2.

Here is what I have:
    Code:
    ObjectPack2 implements InterfacePack2 {
    	Public ObjectPack1 obj;

Public objectPack2 (obj obj ) {
           		 great(obj );
          		  this. obj  = ObjectPack1;
     	   }

}
    Here, it is not logical that there is an aggregation and a legacy at the same time, it will turn one or the other. What do you think I turns aggregation or inheritance? Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem with inheritance in java

Hello,
    There are several good solutions. Here if ObjectPack2 and ObjectPack1 implemented the interface functions InterfacePack1 In the same way it would be logical to remove the inheritance since there will be a redundancy and you create an instance of ObjectPack1 in ObjectPack2 or you can merge the 2 interfaces InterfacePack1 and InterfacePack2and 2 classes ObjectPack2 and ObjectPack1. If they implement the functions InterfacePack1 so different, so there you can do that. I hope this information will help you. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    Even i am new to java, but I think I have a solution for this, see if it works for you. The trick here is that, by this heritage in my application2, I think you are forced to re-implement methods interfacePack1 because of your need in the program.
    Code:
    Public void setX(int x0){
    }
    or
    Code:
    Public int getX(){
      return 0;
    }
    There may be different solutions for this, but I now this one and I think this should work fine with you.

Hello,
    To avoid re-implement the interface methods must be 1 anyway remove inheritance. Ideally I would like to do this:

- Create an abstract class that contains methods common to ObjectPack1 and ObjectPack2,

- Make these two classes inherit from the abstract class (possibly by overloading the methods of the class mother)

- Implement concrete classes by their corresponding interface.

Hope the above points will interest you and you will implement it in your code.

Hello,
    The abstract class that I created in application 1, makes the application 1 is an application common to many applications including the 2 is like a kind of interface the different applications, so I could not touch them as this will impact other applications that are managed by others. If you have any other solution for this then it would be great and I can try that solution in my code. If you have any one then please let me know.

Hello,
    The abstract class is suitable for your application, so created is rather in the 2. But the fact of creation in 1 will not affect the application 1, at worst she will do her nothing. But you never know, maybe others in need. Up to you. I recommend you do to some study on the object oriented programming basic that is about the inheritance , the polymorphism and so on. That is definitely going to help you.