Thread: Need some help for Google calendar in VB6

Need some help for Google calendar in VB6

Hi friends,
    I have done many different programs in Visual Basic 6. Now I am having some issue while using the Google calender in VB6. So I thought that someone hanging out there, may know about this. So please tell me any information about the Google calendar in VB6. Provide detailed explanation so that I can understand the topic very clearly. Please help me as soon as possible.!!

Re: About Google Calendar

The first thing is to create a Google account. After doing that you will have to use INET control (Microsoft Internet Transfer Control 6.0) to communicate with Google servers. After preparation, all queries to the Google server is "sent" through the method "Execute" Inet control. Google Calendar is a lovely looking and acting "free online shareable calendar service", allowing you to maintain your personal schedule, share it with others, and view public calendars. Google has also provided an API such that your programs and websites can make use of it remotely; for instance to view, add or delete events.
    "When they give you ruled paper, write the other way..." J.R.J.

Re: Need some help for Google calendar in VB6

All queries to the Google server is "sent" through the method "Execute" Inet control. The return of the server is "recovered" following the outbreak of the event Inet1_StateChanged (ByVal State As Integer). At the onset of this event, the server response is stored in the string "stRetHeader" related data are stored in global variable "stReponse" and a flag "bFinAttente is lifted. The transaction with Google happen via HTTP POST requests. There is a control available in VS6 that allows you to perform these simply; the Microsoft Internet Transfer Control.
    I do to dead flowers what people at morgues do to dead people. Suck all the moisture out, dip them in plastic, paint them up pretty and put them in a nice frame.

Authentication is also important part for the Google calendar in VB6. Any action to calendars through authentication to Google's servers. A query such as "POST" to the address will allow us to obtain a "key" authentication, which is then used for access to calendars. The request must also be composed of the following parameters :
    • Email - This is used for Login Email Address
    • Passwd - Password associated
    • Source - Identification of the issuing of application forms
    • Service - This is for the Google agenda.
    Signatures reduce available bandwidth

There are 3 types of Google calendar :
    1. Primary Calendar - This types of calendar is automatically created when you open a Google Calendar.
    2. Calendars side - These calendar are all the other calendars created by the users of the Google Account.
    3. Calendars imported - These are the calendars that are created and shared by other Google users, which Google is our account customer.

Two requests "GET authenticated" can retrieve the list of calendars :
    • http://www.Google.com/calendar/feeds/default/allcalendars/full - This can be used for all schedules (primary, secondary and imported).
    • http://www.Google.com/calendar/feeds/default/owncalendars/full - This can be used for all primary and secondary calendars and schedules imported whose access rights are set to 'owner' (owner).
    3.2 (northwood)
    2gig ram
    ATI AIW X800xt 256mb
    Gigabyte GA-8knxp 875p Chipset
    Optiwrite 8X DVD Burner
    Win XP PRO Sp2 (Works Perfectly)
    2 SATA Raptor 74gig Raid 0
    2 7200 IDE 320gig HD