Thread: How to install Eclipse plug-in

How to install Eclipse plug-in

Hi all,

I am a java developer. we are going to install Eclipse plug-in. Bring up a terminal window (Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal). We can install it using apt, by running this command:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install sun-java6-bin
    Once it is done downloading the files, it will prompt error message.Then prompt me again to Select yes, and press enter to continue. Can anybody expalin me how can i install Eclipse plug-in. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to install Eclipse plug-in

One is the built-in way to install, that is,Download Decompression plug-in, and then after decompression plug-in and features directories inside the contents of the Eclipse installation directory were copied to the plugins and feature directories inside, this method is relatively simple to install, however, are more problems, because all of the plug-in files are mixed into the plugins and feature directory, Eclipse will become more bloated, and if you do not want to use a plug-in, unloading would be a very troublesome thing. Check an reply.

You can use a plug-in approach, following the installation of the finished package through Eclipse3.2 to illustrate this:
    # First download and install Eclipse, I installed in / home/myname/eclipse32 directory
    # Then create a / home / myname / plugins directory, this directory is stored for all eclipse plug-ins we are ready to place
    # Then create a / home/myname/plugins/NLPack1-eclipse-SDK-3.2 directory, this directory is where we store the finished package.

Best of luck.

You can also download the Eclipse finished package, NLPack1-eclipse-SDK-3.2.zip, in the / home/myname/plugins/NLPack1-eclipse-SDK-3.2 directory unzip, unzip the contents of the post will be a directory called eclipse in the establishment of a / home/myname/eclipse32/links directory, create a new file NLPack1-eclipse-SDK-3.2.link, contents of the file only by line, as follows:
    Code:
    path = / home/myname/plugins/NLPack1-eclipse-SDK-3.2
    Start eclipse, I think its finished successfully. Best of luck.

Other plug-ins can also be used in such a way to install, directories and file names proposed to retain the plug-in version number, so that future plug-ins easy to upgrade and management. Plug-in itself can also define another other plug-ins to extend the extension points. An extension point defines a language interface the plug-in provides an implementation of it and use of the plug-in component was found. An extension point to receive the dynamically discover and configure the plug-ins at run time. Check and reply.