Thread: Securing password in database

Securing password in database

Hello sir,
    I am using oracle database and it is picking so much hard to store the users data.I need to store my password in table but if some one can access that password then it would be insecurity of my data.Then please tell me what are the ways to store the password at appropriate place in the database.

Thanks.

Securing password in database :

The basic thing, as you are a beginner that you can store your password in a table.The table will show you the result as whatever you have entered.

But the table which is stored in the database and your schema can't accessed by anyone without your permission.You need to read first about the privileges and then your confusions would be removed.

The table and data that is stored by you.You are the owner of the data tables and when you permit the other user to access the table then he/she can access.

Administrative control :

You don't worry about your password,the password management is controlled by the database administrator.

You can change your own password but the database administrator can change the password of whole schema within the database.Actually,the user is created by administrator and the password is also decided by the administrator and he/she can change the password anytime.

When the password is forgotten by you anytime,Then contact to administrator and he will change the appropriate password and will assign you.

Securing password in database :

The database administtrator changes your password of your account but you need to concentrate about he/she doesn't remember and store the password of the every user account but he can change .

The statement which is used by database administrator to change the password of a particular user account would be as follows :

Code:
    ALTER USER <user_name> IDENTIFIED BY <new_password>;
    The statement show clearly,the old password is not associated with this statement.

Security issues within database

Security issues within database :

In the industry standard,the database is secured from the external interventions,The database transactions are handled in a secured way.The database transactions are happened in encrypted format.

The client made request from the machine which is in encrypted format and send to the server,the server catches this information and checks all the privileges and then manipulate it according to the request and send back to the client.The client receive this information in decrypted format and being changed into human readable format with the help of software named ORACLE ADVANCE SECURITY.