Thread: How to Use the ButtonGroup Component in Java?

How to Use the ButtonGroup Component in Java?

Hello,
    I am creating a project which is my assignment. I have done lot of things into that, but I am not able to use the buttongroup. I have tried to do lot of things but I am not getting the desired output. So thought posting here would be helpful for me. Please tell me how to use the ButtonGroup Component in Java.?? Any coding related to the topic would be grateful.!!
    Do not email me asking for tech support. Any private support is billable at $50 an hour.

Re: How to Use the ButtonGroup Component in Java?

I think that before using the ButtonGroup Component, you should have enough knowledge about it. Once you clear the concepts, then it would be easy for you while going through the code. Otherwise, you will find tough when you see the coding. So, I thought to explain you more about the components. The ButtonGroup component manages the selected / unselected state for a set of buttons. When there is a group, ButtonGroup instance guarantees that only one button can be selected at a time. At the starting, all buttons managed by a ButtonGroup instance are unselected.
    Signatures reduce available bandwidth

You can use ButtonGroup with any set of objects that inherit from AbstractButton. Normally, a button group contains instances of JRadioButton, JRadioButtonMenuItem, or JToggleButton. Also keep in mind that ButtonGroup isn't a UI component, it groups buttons together conceptually. You can also create Radio Button Group Component in Java. The radio buttons are rendered in rows and columns in an HTML <table> element. The number of rows is defined by the number of radio buttons. The number of columns is defined by the columns property. The default layout is a single vertical column.

For writing a code that uses a ButtonGroup component, you should follow the given steps :
    1. First you will have to create a Subclass JFrame.
    2. Then you will have to call ContextPane together with a layout manager.
    3. Then you will have to declare and configure a set of radio buttons or toggle buttons.
    4. Later, instantiate a ButtonGroup object
    5. Lastly call the add method on that buttongroup object in order to add each button to the group.

The following are the ButtonGroup API :
    1. ButtonGroup() - This method create a ButtonGroup instance.
    2. void add(AbstractButton) - This method add a button to the group, or remove a button from the group.
    3. public ButtonGroup getGroup() - By using this you can get the ButtonGroup, if any, that controls a button.
    "When they give you ruled paper, write the other way..." J.R.J.