Thread: What is Log .NET Exceptions

What is Log .NET Exceptions

I have heard the news about the Log .NET Exceptions, the news is something like that developers who use active server pages for the presentation services can integrate the component object model and the .net objects for providing a better business services of application. Because of this user can get the experience related to the .net framework, if anybody wants to migrate to the ASP.NET. These active server pages can use the new .net components via component object model. Actually I need to know a clear idea about the Log .NET Exceptions

Re: What is Log .NET Exceptions

See I will try to explain a little bit that why anybody will need the Log .NET Exceptions. Normally maximum number of application log unexpected exceptions. Exception Management Application Block (EMAB) helps in providing the better solution for handling the framework for publishing exceptions. User can directly publish the required method with the exception object. Logged exceptions supplies maximum information for diagnosing problems.

lets try get it with the help of the image given above. First of all component object model call is made to the CCW, after that .net call is made to the .net object. Then the exception is thrown and caught. Now in CCW the error information is set and get by the SetErrorInfo and GetErrorInfo. Finally the error information is cleared.

If your are working with the windows function then you must have the knowledge of hooking if do not have it I will try to explain it in simple words. Windows function which are exported using the dynamic link library are replaced by the other function if they have the same signature. This technique is known as hooking. Now the below figure will give a clear idea how it is done in .net which will help you to understand the topic.

In .net for minimizing the blocking issues, a different type of queue object is created. I can explain it in technical term but explain with the help of image is a better option so I will do the same.
    And now the exception in logging process or thread

Last edited by MindSpace; 07-02-2010 at 01:37 AM.