Thread: JavaScript for Microsoft Outlook Bar

JavaScript for Microsoft Outlook Bar

Hello Folks,
    I have started doing the JavaScript recently. So I am not having enough knowledge. I want to create a menu style similar to Microsoft Outlook on the web page. I have tried to do many things but was not getting the desired results. I had a look at some components in the net for my application but that also not helped me. All I want is the JavaScript for Microsoft Outlook Bar. Your help is really appreciated.
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core @ ~2.2 GHz
    Memory: 1024MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 200 GB
    Video Card: RADEON X300/X550 Series

Re: JavaScript for Microsoft Outlook Bar

Since you are new to the JavaScript, I would like to suggest you that first know about the logic of using the Outlook Bar. Once you understand the logic you can use it anywhere you want. You can also take help of the Microsoft Outlook Bar. The Microsoft Outlook Bar implements javascript modules through which you can add as many drop down menus as you need to enable your visitors to navigate your site pages. Also the Microsoft Outlook bar implements javascript oriented functions to design menus for site pages navigation. Multiple menus can be given with categories with unlimited sub-level menus. Webmasters can modify the status bar message when clicking menus.

I would like to suggest you to use the tool called dhtmlxTabbar. The dhtmlxTabbar is a cross-browser JavaScript tab-bar control that helps to create dynamic tabbed navigation interface. By using this control you can make your site or web application more attractive. Menus with Microsoft Outlook bar appearance can be created using this javascript module. You can also get many scripts regarding your application. But the main drawback is that you will have to edit it according to your need.
    IF you hate me, please don't mention it. I know who hates me and who doesn't. You really do not have to make fun of people....

You can download the given attachment for getting the proper output same as the Microsoft Outlook Bar. In that contains the coding of JavaScript for Microsoft Outlook Bar. Also there is no need to worry about the time because it took me about 5 minutes to add and customize the bar for this page. You will have to launch the following files as follows :
    1. outbarsample.html - Launch this file to see a demo of the script.
    2. menu.html - Transfer the HTML codes inside this file to the page that will contain the outlook bar.
    3. folders.js - Edit this file to configure the links of the outlook bar
    Just upload the rest of the files into your web directory.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Reegan; 06-02-2010 at 05:04 AM.

I have downloaded the file attached by the 'Reegan'. And I got the JavaScript for Microsoft Outlook Bar. Extremely thanks to you dude..!! Now I can use the smashing DHTML navigation bar that resembles the OutLook bar of Internet Explorer. Also I don't need to do the editing because it was exactly like I wanted. So like the other downloads it does not contains the useless codes. So it was really helpful for me. Once again thanks for you ..!!