Thread: Data Storage Problem in SQL Server 2008

Data Storage Problem in SQL Server 2008

Hi all,

I will build a project that in VB.net . I am using a Sql server 2008 as a backend. When I loading a large customer catalogue data from text files, it gets slow down. My data file is in CSV and tab delimited. Can anybody suggest me how to enter bulk data in SQL server 2008. Please suggest. Thanks.

Re: Data Storage Problem in SQL Server 2008

Data files that hold identity values can be bulk imported into an occurrence of Microsoft SQL Server 2008. By default, the principles for the identity column in the data file that is bring in are ignored and SQL Server allocate unique values automatically. The unique values are based on the starting point and increment values that are particular during table creation.

After data is imported into a table, the bcp command and BULK INSERT statement watch any defaults that are distinct for the columns in the table. For instance, if there is a null field in a data file, the defaulting value for the column is loaded in its place. The bcp command and BULK INSERT statement equally permit you to specify that nulls values be reserved. In difference, a regular INSERT statement retains the null value in its place of inserting a default value. The INSERT ... SELECT * FROM OPENROWSET(abc) statement supply the same basic performance as regular INSERT but as well supports a table clue for inserting the default values. check it out and reply.

Re: Data Storage Problem in SQL Server 2008

I will give you the examples that require that a table named MyTestcol2 be created in the MyWorks sample database under the dbo schema. To make this table, in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Query Editor, carry out:
    Code:
    USE MyWorks;
    GO
    CREATE TABLE MyTestcol2 
    (Col1 smallint,
    Col2 nvarchar(50) DEFAULT 'Default value of Col2',
    Col3 nvarchar(50) 
    );
    GO

You can use optional terminating characters that let you to mark the finish of each field in a data file with a field terminator and the finish of each row with a row terminator. Terminating characters are single to indicate to programs that read the data file where one field or row ends and an additional field or row start. The bcp command, BULK INSERT statement, and the OPENROWSET bulk rowset supplier hold up a variety of characters as field or row terminators and forever seem for the first case of each terminator. Best of luck.