Thread: What are the Replication Types in available SQL?

What are the Replication Types in available SQL?

Hi Friends,

I am IT student having lots of confusion about the various SQL concept. I have just started the SQL course, so the 'Replication Types' is entirely new concept for me. I don't have any idea about the replication types available in SQL. I wonder if you let me know something about the replication types of SQL. I would greatly appreciate your any help over this issue.

Re: What are the Replication Types in available SQL?

Hi,

The types of replication always varies as per the type of the application being used. The 'Replication' concept of SQL is divided into three categories, and which are mentioned below:
    • Merge Replication
    • Transactional Replication
    • Snapshot Replication

'Transactional replication' type of SQL replication is used as a Snapshot Agent It is also used as Agent for the SQL Server distribution. The Snapshot Agent used to create snapshot files which contains schema as well as data tables & database objects published data. It also used to hold the files within the snapshot and saves the synchronization works. It stores this work into the database over the distribution server.

The SQL replication has three types known as Merge, Snapshot, and transactional. Advantage of replication is that you can do of non-blocking backup of your data.Note that when you use replication, all changes in tables are replicated, and must intervene on the master server. Otherwise, you must be careful in your interventions.Two-way replication type of SQL offers data modification to the parent replica.

Snapshot Replication:
    This type of SQL replication essential for the distribution of the data which is exactly as per it's appearance. In particular time moment tit doesn't monitor the data updates.
    Merge Replication:
    This type of replication starts as a report snapshot and it used for the data distribution as it appear. In this replication if synchronization generated, then complete snapshot is get created.