Thread: JSP Flush Variable

JSP Flush Variable

Hello, I am learning Java and currently working on the JSP for learning it. I have read different Jsp directives, but all of them are available with more information except the Flush variable. If anyone is having details about it or if anyone is having information which is more important then please reply me about it. If you are having some source to get information about it, then please provide me that.

Re: JSP Flush Variable

If you are making use of the autoFlush="true | false" then you can able to flushed the buffered output if the buffer is full. If you are setting it to the true which is the default value of it then you can simply able to flush the buffer if it is full. If you have set it to false then an exception will be raised when the buffer overflows.

Sorry, I am also not having more information about it, but I have the code below which can help to get the details of using of this variable.
    I'd like to know well the meaning of the variable flush in the inclusions proactive
    Code:
    <jsp: include
    flush = "false" page = "catalog.jsp" />

The element <jsp:include> is used by which it will allow to include the static or dynamic resource in a JSP page. Both of them provide you different results. If you are making use of the static resource then content of it are included in the calling JSP page. If the resource is dynamic, then it will work on the request and provide you the result of the request from the jsp page.
    It is used as below :

Code:
    page = "(relativeURL | <% = expression%>)"

Syntax:
    Code:
    flush = "true | false"
    If you are having set the value as true then it will simply buffer the page output. The buffer is flushed prior to the inclusion. But if the value is set to the False then the buffer is not flushed. The default value for the flush attribute is false.

Code:
    <jsp: param name = "parameterName"
    value = "(ParameterValues | <% = expression%>)" /> +

Hello, you can simply make use of the following souces to get the more information about the JSP flush Variable:

Page Directive
    <JSP : Include>

Both of this will provide you the details of the flush in the JSP. You will able to understand it from the pages above.