Thread: Jar file with config file

Jar file with config file

Hello,
    I searched a lot but did not come in contact with the reading of an external file. When I am working under eclipse and read my txt config files that are in an AC load config file config ect. When I launch the command line with my executable jar the AC does not load the config file and says can not find the config file. What is the problem here? I am confused with this concept.

Re: Jar file with config file

Hello,
    What I usually do when I have external files. Jar, I put them in folders next to. Jar and recover their paths, I use:
    System.getProperty("user.dir") + "/ folder / filename.ext";
    "user.dir" gives you the record of execution. jar, so if you know the config file test.properties is in the config file at the same level. jar, you can do:
    String path = System.getProperty("user.dir") + "/ config / test.properties";
    You can try this method.

Hey,
    Note this is not entirely true: "user.dir" gives you the current directory that may very well be different from the directory of jar. To get the directory jar must use the classloader. How to find the directory containing the jar where is my class? (note this code must not walk for JWS apps). You can not tell you which must be within the file, you must know where you want to put it to define how to access.

Hello,
    The following considers windows as the default operating system
    String path = System.getProperty("user.dir") + "\\config\\test.properties ";
    But the best thing to define a global variable throughout the application:
    Public static String FILE_SEPARATOR = System.getProperty("file.separator");
    and finally
    String pt = System.getProperty() + + "config" + + FILE_SEPARATOR "test.properties";
    And as your code is portable (that requires java)
    Last edited by Praetor; 28-01-2010 at 02:03 PM.

Hello,
    I had this problem (basic) as EDI. It's just that the IDE place paths during the execution, which are losing money when running in production. Here is an exmple of what I use to load the props. of Log4J, when running in production (this fragment is in the Main class, hence the "Main.class ..."
    Properties logProp =new Properties(); logProp.load(Hand.class.getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("org/latex/report/log4j.properties"));
    Look in this direction here. It will be easier for you.

Hello,
    The above show is correct, one more thing you can do is that the log4j.properties file (my case) may be in one. Jar or outside ... as long as
    org /
    is the 1st directory of the CLASSPATH. Check the information in the directories and the file and the compile the program and give us what was the result. If you get an error then you can post the error here and we will try to solve your problem.