Thread: Comparison between core java and advanced java

Comparison between core java and advanced java

Hi All,

I just completed my core java. Now I have the enough knowledge about the core Java programming. I am planning to do the advanced java course. Before that I want to be aware about the basic difference between the core java and advanced java. I don' know anything about this type of comparison as I don't have knowledge about the advanced Java. Please let me know some differences between core java and advanced java if you posses. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Comparison between core java and advanced java

Hi,

Core Java is the basic of Java programming technology concept. This basic concepts in Java is normally referred as 'Core Java' programming. And it is very essential for the Java user of the advanced level. The core java comprises the Single Tier Architecture. Advanced Java is the next advanced level concept of Java programming. This high level java programming basically uses two Tier Architecture i.e Client and Server.

The Core Java programming interfaces are the basic foundation of the Java Platform, Standard Edition . The core java concept used in all classes of Java programming, i.e from Java EE applications to desktop applications. The core java comprises util, lang, awt, io and net packages. While the advanced java comprises sql (db programming), Servlet and jsp (Server side scripting), swing (GUI programming ), xml processing and domain specific components.

As per the name suggest the 'Core Java' is the basic java programming, while the 'Advanced java' comprises the very complex advanced programming. The advanced java programming covers the Swings, Socket Programming, AWT, Thread Concepts as well as the Collection objects and classes. While the Core java covers OOPS Concepts, Wrapper Classes, Special Operators, Datatypes, xception Handling, Stack, Linked List, Queue, ArrayList.

"Advanced java" is nothing but specialization in domains such as web, networking, data base handling. Mostly all packages of "Core Java" started with 'java.lang..' . While most of the packages "Advanced java" are always start with 'javax.servlet..' Both "Core Java" and "Advanced Java" is together referred as 'J2SE' that means 'Java Standard Edition'. The 'J2ME' is referred to the Embedded Applications such as software of Mobile games.

'Awt' concept is the part of 'Core Java' programming, while the 'Swing' concept is part of 'Advanced Java' programming. Thre are some concept which are common in the core java and advanced java. Such as database handling and Xml processing are part of JEE and JSE. The Advanced Java programing include the networking concept while core java doesn't. All the event handling mechanism of Java comes into the Advanced Java programming. I hope this information will help you to understand the differences between core and advanced java.