Thread: Help needed for the Programming Languages!

Help needed for the Programming Languages!

Hi Friends,
    I want to do the studies in the Programming Languages, as I am knew I want help from you guys. I have learned bit HTML and XML and now I am learning Javascript. I am confused which programming language should I start from.?? I would also appreciate if you provide some links and tutorials that can prove beneficial to me..!! I would like to learn VB, VC++, C++ or Java. Also I am little confused in the C++ and VC++, are these both languages are similar.? Please help me soon..!!! Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciable.
    "Let us remember that our interest is in concord, not conflict, and that our real eminence rests in the victories of peace, not those of war." -McKinley

Re: Help needed for the Programming Languages!

According to me the best way to start programming is with the C++ because when it comes to migrating to other languages like C# or Java its a lot more easier. Also from the theoretical point of view its good learning about how to code in C++. Also you can reference the book of Deitel Publications "C++: how to program 6th edition" for studying the C++. This book is Easy-to-follow and carefully developed early classes and early objects approach. Also their is new introduction to game programming with the OGRE libraries. Hope that this book will help you a lot.

I have observed that majority of the people try to understand C++ (Code) and not the programming (Logic). You might be able to develop something in C++ but it will be difficult for you to move to another programming Language, if you learn just C++ and not the actual programming concepts. You mainly need to focus at understanding the concepts if you want to learn programming and would like to start with C++ because then you can apply the same concepts in any other language. Also you can find plenty of Links available on Internet for the downloads of the C++ software and its tutorial.

I have not done the VC++ programming language in deep. But I think that the C++ and VC++ are almost same programming languages. You can use the same classes and other things in both the programming languages. The only difference is VC++ allows you to make the program for the windows based systems. On the other hand the C++ allows you to make program for the DOS console only. I think that this is the only difference between the C++ and the VC++ programming languages.

If you want to start learning C or C++ as your first programming language then I would like to suggest you to head on over cplusplus.com official website. Also I would like to tell that you can either do the Pascal or Python. Both languages are quicker and easier to learn the C++ and will teach you the concepts behind programming. The Object Oriented Programming is not supported by the Pascal but when you get to that there is always Delphi which is the pascals successor. The reason I'd suggest pascal is that it was actually designed as a language to teach programming.
    Last edited by Zecho; 15-01-2010 at 04:53 PM.

If you are starting out with programming languages then I would like to recommend you to use an easier IDE then Turbo C++. It will better to use the Dev-C++ since it is free version and it requires very little configuration. You can also go for Microsoft Visual C++ Express edition, and it's also free if you are having the valid copy of windows. You have to install the TC1.0 if you are not using the Dev-C++ and the notes for the use and the installation, you can find that on the Internet.