Thread: Website host server is going slow

Website host server is going slow

Hi,

I am a user from india, I have a own company website and running on Linux platform, I will host the site myself. My server configuration is xeon blade dual processor with 4 GB of RAM. From last week my server is going slow. I don't know what is the problem with this. I have already full server configuration. Please help.

Re: Website host server is going slow

Your server configuration is OK , I think there are a huge number of visitors on your website hosted on the server. So its going slow down. You can try this : Go to Synaptic Package Manager>Settings>repositories. Then displays the Software Sources utility. You will find server box dropdown list and select other. May be this process will increase your server strength. Reply if you found any issue.

I think some bad script used on your website which runs numerous SQL queries and your web server is going slow. You should use the Global.asa file from ASP that have can contain declarations of objects, variables, and methods that can be accessed by every page in an ASP application. All valid browser scripts like JavaScript, VBScript, JScript, PerlScript can be used within Global.asa and increase the speed of server.

Sometimes when the server antivirus is running and scanning the whole hard disk ,so server going to slow. You need to scheduled the virus scan in night hours ehen the traffic is low, It will boost up your server performance. also you need to any official server edition antivirus like Mcafee or norton to your server. Try it and reply.

You need to compress the Images like GIF or JPEG and make sure that you dont reduce the quality but just the size because that is what that matters in website loading. It will may boost up your server pages and reduce process to loading the web page. You can also try to remove the useless CSS Codes of your webpages which are not going to be used. Check that and reply if you found same issue.

You need to enable Gzip Compression using different modules on your server itself because this can make that the output of the files are reduced and load at a short time. Then you should check with Google Webmaster Tools that have come up with reports you with the web pages load speed. Check it out and reply.