Thread: Create batch file to run access query

Create batch file to run access query

HI,
    I want to create a batch file that can run up to 5 queries of Microsoft Access project. I have a custom list of some customer that works on time basis. The batch file can help me to remember and track my work. I had created the database and the same has all the data. Now to create a batch file what all is needed to do. I had created queries for the same to. But the further process is not familiar for me. Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

Re: Create batch file to run access query

Let take out a sample of timely treatment in a hospital. Here a user want to create batch file to inform him about the regular prescription work. In short, rather than imposing a constant presence and launch a manual of procedures each during the day at specific times, we want to automate these launches with simple tools to implement. The one can be done by using Scheduled Tasks.

Yes using Schedule task will be much easier way for you to run a batch file. Like in a day, a user may wish to carry out various tasks (run a query to update a file, generate a report, etc..). These tasks sometimes being made at specific times (opening / closing of the exchange, update data by robots, start / end of day, etc..), It is common to use a task scheduler. This can be integrated into the operating system or be independent and installed on the workstation. Synchronization with server time may be necessary for updates.

To create a Schedule Task for the Microsoft Access query just go the Contrl panel and run the Schedule Task application. Then here you can assign schedule for date, time and frequency which is pre-determined. Just click on New to run a new task and follow the wizard. After that right click on the the new task > Property. Choose a program via Browse.

The basic function of a batch file (running manually or from a task scheduler) is running a series of DOS commands. The article indicates the main Loufab syntax that users have to deal. A line DOS is basically divided into 2 parts. They are a software with which it wishes to open a file X and the file directory X to execute the software Y. The batch file has the extension. Bat and runs with a double-clicks the file. It is a simple text file. It can be created and filled from any text editor.

There are many third party tools which will help you to create batch files more easily. One I will recommend you to use NotePad ++. It is possible to run Access by running a batch file. The DOS command line basic is: Start /WAIT msaccess.exe C:\temp\yourfile.mdb. See the command properly. C is your Windows drive and then the file location. Modify as you want. This launches Access, expects that the application is loaded and Access is responsible for opening the file yourfile.mdb, located in the C: \ temp of the machine.