Thread: Read file in php

Read file in php

Hello
    I am new to php, I do not know how to view php pages? Some one could please let me know how I can view the php pages, so that I can start for programming in php. I am under mandriva 2006. Any sort of help or some link to configure php under mandriva 2006 will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Vodka; 28-12-2009 at 09:04 AM.

Re: Read file in php

Hello,
    You need a web server (apache), php module for apache mysql and possibly if your site interacts with a mysql database. On the debain official site you can view the full tutorial about how to configure php, I Know you are under mandriva 2006, you can also download it. No worries, just replace the following command
    Code:
    apt-get install
    with this command under mandriva
    Code:
    urpmi
    You do not need to treat the first part (update apt). Feel free to ask questions
    and good luck for your programming career.

Hi
    I try the tutorial but I have error to compile apache with urpmi and it does not work. So I found another tutorial and I restarted the pc because after that the configuration of php4.4.3 is completed I do not know what it is past the keyboard and mouse unresponsive. I have even tried to compile apache. Know I am starting to do withe the tutorial, hope every thing goes well for me. Mean while if you have any more easy way to learn this, you can just help me out. I do not want to waste time in just configuring php with apache server.

Hello
    Why are you trying to compile apache? why not go through rpmdrake? In rpmdrake you have to just install apache and it is selected. You install php, just select php4 and libapache_mod_php or something approaching. After you've just click on install both and your server is installed. If not for the error, it must change php3 to php4 during 2nd configure apache since you took php4.

Hi
    For the prefix in the configure, I have not ideas about it so I leave it. Because this is my localhost in / var / www / html! The thing was, it was not working normally so I decided to reinstalling mandriva. So if I install all packages apache, msql, php, drakx, drakw, and I download phpMyAdmin from a center of mandriva test, Will it work? Because I am hoping that it should work.

Hello
    For prefix, I wonder if this is the prefix to install apache or if this is the place that stores web pages. With the package system, it will work you have just a few editing tricks to make it match exactly what you want, but it is less than the galley to recompile apache, php, mysql, etc. The prefix is where apache will be installed (executables and libs) since the place that stores the web pages is indicated in the / etc / apache / apache.conf with Document Root.