Thread: Explain XML Document Object Model and XML Related Technologies?

Explain XML Document Object Model and XML Related Technologies?

I am learning XML as this is a required part of my academic syllabus. I have learnt that XML stands for Extensible Markup Language and that XML is designed to store and also to transport data. But I want to know what is an XML Document Object Model and XML related Technologies. Please provide some valuable answers. Thanks in advance.

Xml: Dom

The XML Document Object Model which is also known as XML DOM, defines a standard for altering and accessing the documents of XML. The XML document can be easily modified, read or altered by the reader. It is said to be as the XML document's in memory representation. The Document Object Model views documents of XML as a tree-structure.

The Attr Object of XML DOM

To emblematize the attribute of an Element object in XML the Attr object is used. The Document Type Definition(DTD) is used to define the values allowed for the the Attr object of XML. The Attributes are considered as a property of the element node and are made up of a name and a value pair. Attr object is also a Node

XML Related Technologies

Following are a few XML related technologies:
    • Extensible Style Sheet Language (XSL): It includes three different parts wherein it was initially started as XSL and ended as XSLT, XPath, and XSL-FO.
    • XML Document Object Model (DOM): It specifies a very precise way of modifying and visiting the XML documents.
    • Extensible HTML (XHTML): A pure pure version of Hyper Yext Markup Language.
    • Document Type Definition (DTD): It specifies a defined standard for XML document's legal elements.
    • Wireless Application Protocol (WAP): It is used in mobile phones and other wireless devises for displaying the contents of XML based languages

XML Document Object Model

The Document Object Model of XML is the Application Programming Interface which is said to be interface-oriented. XML-DOM views the entire XML as a tree and all its contents as nodes of that tree. The users are also allowed to produce the XML-DOC document, but often it is the parser who generates the XML-DOC document. The implementations of XML-DOM is said to be memory intensive.

Re: Explain XML Document Object Model and XML Related Technologies?

considering XML is patented and Microsoft just lost a huge lawsuit to that-- I say be wary on how you use XML.