Thread: Changing the Java Application Stub

Changing the Java Application Stub

Basically, under mac I regularly generate .app to be able to run applications on my mac. But recently, there was an update of Java in Mac obviously, and my applications have some concerns, at least one library in which I am appealing (JDIC)

What is surprising is that when I run the application in Eclipse, everything works normally. If I generate a MyApplication.app, the application launches fine, except that when I am appealing to elements of jdic (Desktop.launch () for example) and well nothing happens.

What is even more curious is that if I manually launch my application with a command line:
    Code:
    java -jar MyApplication. app /Contents/Resources/Java/MyApplication. jar
    everything works normally, proving that the code is good

Version of Java that is used by this command line is as follows:
    java-version
    java version "1.5.0_19"
    I tell myself that jarBundler based on another version of Java that offers mac os, and that's what causes these concerns.

Have you any idea? Is it possible to change the Java Application Stub?

Re: Changing the Java Application Stub

I have exactly the same problem as you. I tested in my IDE, everything works and displayed my JOptionPane.The call is contained in my classes in other Jar. But when I launch the application nothing happens except the normal opening.

This is quite problematic for me, since the external jar used to validate the registration of the software license and as it does not appeal to class everything goes well without the software is not registered. And again I have only this problem with MAC. When I run under Windows or Linux or directly from my main .jar it works!

Have you managed to solve your problem?

In fact I have not managed to solve the problem, just go around actually.
    I already develop apps that worked fine before updating Java on mac. So I checked if my older applications still running or had the same worries. And they function normally. Finally, they point to a "good java". So I "opened" the .app that I generated and then recovered the JavaApplicationStub and I just copied the file or that I generate my new applications.

My Ant script generates my new .app generated with the "Stub" old and suddenly my new apps point to the same old java, finally I suppose.

That's how I circumvented ...

Hmm... So I guess I should try to compile my java application with a slightly older. Perhaps as my JavaApplicationStub work properly. So I ask you this question, since you seem to know enough about the application bundle. I like to set a version of Java that is used by the users of my software. Therefore, when I distributed, I deliver a JRE with the OS according to destination. Under Linux and Windows I am able to run my software in a distribution of Java (at the root of my software in a folder jre, then a script runs the command to start from the java) The question is therefore:

Is it possible to distribute a version of Java in an application bundle and to run this application on that specific version?

I'm just like you, at least under Windows, because Linux I assume that users are familiar enough to install jre. But for Mac, no I have not figured out how to do, otherwise I would already do, like you I think seen all the trouble I had with the different versions (especially in the combo box)

Ok thank you. I'm going to try to run my stuff. It's really strange... the application launches, but the dialog boxes that I'm open do not appear. My new method that verifies the software activation is not called, and the latter only when I run the application with the applicationStub. When I double-click the Jar, everything works perfectly. I am really confused!