Thread: Problem in Nested folder in .NET

Problem in Nested folder in .NET

Hi there,

I am getting one problem while developing the program using .Net. I am getting the error when i am trying to create folder within nested folder. It show "The specified path,file name or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters"

Now help me with this error. This error is causing me much problem while running the project. I cant run my program fully because of this error. I think i am a right place to got the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem in Nested folder in .NET

Hey,

As per my knowledge the Windows restricted the No. of character on full directory is 248 and 260 characters for full paths to files.This limit define by the Windows. So it better to make the name of the folder smaller and truncation on last folder. That much i can help you. Try out this with your coding and see the effect and if worked for you then let me know the same.

Thank You.

There must be the problem with the path. So check your path it could be possible that your path is too long. It must not be exceed the limit of the 20 Character. If the path is 20 then it is OK. But if the path is more then the value then it will not be supported by the windows. As you know that the limit of the character must be 248 not more then that so check your path and confirm whether it more then the value specified by window or not.

Thanks

Hey,

I have some thing to tell so that you check your code to confirm the same. It could be possible that your path is not rooted. If you are creating a file SharedDocument then check whether you are giving the absolute path or relative path. I you don't specify the drive then you will create a directory on the current directory, which is not the root directory.

Thats it!!!!!!!!!!!