Thread: Import registry key with programming

Import registry key with programming

Hi, programming

I am here again with latest query. This time the problem is the registry key. I am developing a program using the .net for my project provided to me by collage. My program require to fetch the data from the registry, but i don't know which method is used to do so. So anyone have idea about importing and exporting registry key from Registry. And one more thing i have to complete my project on time, so help me with you solution as soon as possible. Waiting for the answer.

Thank you.

Re: Import registry key with programming

You can import the whole registry or just a key from the registry manually and then add it to your project. To manually fetch a key or whole registry. Open the registry editor and then Click on File and select Import Registry option. It will ask for a location to save. Select the location you want and click on Save. If you want to import only a key, then from Registry editor open the key you want to import and then select import key from the file menu.

Re: Import registry key with programming

Hey, There is a function which will help you for the same. Use the RegSaveKey and RegRestoreKey. These function will get the key of the registry from the computer. Also you need to use the function SeBackupPrivilege and SeRestorePrivilege for these APIs. This is only allowed for the Administraotr. Thank you
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's