Thread: Use PHP to change part of my pages

Use PHP to change part of my pages

I created a new website for my school, which compasses of a fortnight to see a little more of the page.

Its structure is currently only in xhtml / css with a little flash and js sometimes, but not PHP(although some pages contain forms so there will be some PHP).

To grossly describe the appearance of my site, all pages are created on the same basis, ie:
    -invariant elements of (the top banner, left menu, below the SIDS page
    then right-menu, which depend on the content of the page.

This is quite simple and feasible in HTML alone, but I told myself, as only the "center of my page will change, why not do all the rest in PHP?

My goal: if I make changes to my menu or my banner, it will save me having to edit each of my pages. By not changing my php, hop, that change the samething on 15 other pages.

Do you think this is wise? If yes, how is that possible knowing that my site is in the form of a table and therefore only one cell in this table is the part that will vary, and all the rest will not change? In addition, the first page being already made, with all the css formatting is consistent so that I transform into php?

I wonder if it is not easy to make my body page (the invariable on all content pages menu and banners) in HTML, php and use of only my core for the page (part variable) using <? php include ( 'mypage.html');?>??

Re: Use PHP to change part of my pages

Yes it is possible, even the first use of php and your last part is the correct solution for your problem. You can make a Ajax navigation which replaces the variable part of the site with effect fadein/fadeout (jquery) its sympa.

Ok, thank you! Therefore I see that I still have a concern:

So I have my php page that contains my entire body invariable (menu, banners and others), and my box that contains the variable portion.

Let my invariable part base.php. Say this base.php owns a painting and I want to see my variable (which can be page1.html, page2.html, page3.html ... following on what I clicked on my menu) appear in a box of this table (for example here: <td> here <td>)

How do I do?

Assuming that I have in my menu

HTML Code:
    <a href="base.php?page=page1">Putting the page1</a>
    So in my base.php between tags <td> what I have seen my writing include will depend on what I chose in the menu (page1, 2, or 3.html)?

I do not know if that's what you expect but avoid making layouts with tables.

the variable part is in base.php
    PHP Code:
    <? 
    include ( '. / directoryOrRangeYourPages /.'$_ GET [' page].. 'html'); 
    ?>
    its not very secure but it works