Thread: C Program typed in Notepad can be Compiled using Turbo C

C Program typed in Notepad can be Compiled using Turbo C

Hi, I had written many programs in notepad as I am not having turbo c software. Now, I have installed turbo c and want to run those programs in turbo c. Can I do this directly? If there will be any solution my time will be saved, as I don't need to type it. Please help me If you have any solution.

Re: C Program typed in Notepad can be Compiled using Turbo C

Hi, I have simple solution for it. You just need to save that file with .c extension and just run with your turbo c compiler. I know this will solve your problem definitely. This problem faced by me also when I am new in programming. It's need some more practice. If you are getting such error then only your knowledge goes on increasing. Try to solve your problem till you don't find any answer regarding it.

Hi, I have searched for the same but not find anything regarding how to compile your code by the use of turbo c which is saved in notepad. I think you need to type all that programs in turbo c and then you can compile that code. I have search on internet also, but cant find any solution regarding it. Sorry. But currently I am not getting any solution for you. If I find any I will give you as soon as possible.

Hi, its so simple. Do some steps written below and run your program in turbo c which are typed in notepad.

* First save your notepad program with extension .c
    * Then move that files to the directory where you save all your c programs.
    * Open Turbo C Editor and open the file which you have save with the extension of c. It will opened up and then you can compile and run it directly.

I think you have this much query and now it has been solved.

ThumbsUp Re: C Program typed in Notepad can be Compiled using Turbo C

thanks for the steps it was really helpfull

How can i run programs in turbo c ? i have saved programs in F drive in that some directory. i know i have to click on file menu of turbo c in tat open command but dont know how to open that F drive & directory & program. please help me

How can i run programs in turbo c ? i have saved programs in some drive in that some directory. i know i have to click on file menu of turbo c in that open command but dont know how to open that drive & directory & program. please tell me what path should i write in the open dialogbox to open my program. For example if i saved programs in "F" drive in that "programs" directory in that "C_programs" directory in that i have one program "prg-1.c" so how should i write path in open dialogbox to run that program ?
    & my operating system is windows vista so i use dosbox 0.74 to open turbo c so the shortcut key CTRL + F9 doesnt work here so also tell me if there is another way to run the program. please reply as soon as possible. Thanks
    Last edited by sonal sindha; 16-10-2010 at 10:12 PM.

hi! you simply open turbo c then clivk on open and write:"f:\programs\c program\program name.c"you have to save the program with .c extension,
    This can solve your problem

hello sir i am using x64 bit version of windows, on this platform tubroc++ complier doesnot work can u suggest me the complier that is compatible with x64.

you just download the turbo c or c++ software through net compatible to your windows and it must work.