Thread: Lambda expressions in Csharp

Lambda expressions in Csharp

I have finished the basics of C# recently. I have to admit that though little difficult to understand C# is very easy to code. For anyone who wants to work on a Microsofts .Net framework C# is a must. But now I have been given an assignment to find what are Lambda expressions in C#. I have no clue as what they are. What are these Lambda expressions?

Re: Lambda expressions in Csharp

A simpler syntax of an anonymous delegate is a Lambda expression. Wherever a delgate is used, these Lambda expressions which are similar to the delegates can be applied. It makes use of the Lambda Operator which is =>(goes to). The Input parameter is to be specified on the left side of the Lambda Operator while the expression is to be specified on the right side of the Lambda Operator. Thus a => b*c is read as a goes to b times c.

Lambda Expressions were introduced from C-sharp 3.0. The very general and basic use if C-sharp's Lambda expression is to generate the expression tree-types or the anonymous delegates. To simply the code, the programmer can make use of the Lambda expressions. They help to make the C-sharp code very easy to percieve.

A unique feature introduced in Csharp 3.0 is the Lambda expressions. The Lambda expressions can simply be said to be an altered edition of th anonymous methods which were introduced in Csharp 2.0. For those inline functions which can be said to be very similar to closures the Lambda expressions help define a simpler syntax. Thus C sharp Lambda expressions will help you to declare your Csharp code inline.