Thread: Create calculator with the use of JavaScript

Create calculator with the use of JavaScript

Hi, I am a student of BSC.I.T. and wanted to know how to create a calculator with the use of JavaScript. Can anyone give me code that can pasted and used as a calculator. Please if possible explain me. It can be simple or hard. Listen I don't know how to use javascript, this I want to learn just for my understanding.

Re: Create calculator with the use of JavaScript

Hi, I also don't know how to use java script but, I came across one of the source code on internet. I am giving you that code, you just try to R&D and then just look at it. It is simple.

<html>
    <head>
    <FORM NAME="Calculator">
    <TABLE BORDER=4>
    <TR>
    <TD>
    <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="Input" Size="16">
    <br>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD>
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="One" VALUE=" 1 " OnClick="Calculator.Input.value += '1'">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="Two" VALUE=" 2 " OnCLick="Calculator.Input.value += '2'">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="Three" VALUE=" 3 " OnClick="Calculator.Input.value += '3'">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="Plus" VALUE=" + " OnClick="Calculator.Input.value += ' + '">
    <br>
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="Four" VALUE=" 4 " OnClick="Calculator.Input.value += '4'">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="Five" VALUE=" 5 " OnCLick="Calculator.Input.value += '5'">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="Six" VALUE=" 6 " OnClick="Calculator.Input.value += '6'">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="Minus" VALUE=" - " OnClick="Calculator.Input.value += ' - '">
    <br>
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="Seven" VALUE=" 7 " OnClick="Calculator.Input.value += '7'">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="Eight" VALUE=" 8 " OnCLick="Calculator.Input.value += '8'">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="Nine" VALUE=" 9 " OnClick="Calculator.Input.value += '9'">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="Times" VALUE=" x " OnClick="Calculator.Input.value += ' * '">
    <br>
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="Clear" VALUE=" c " OnClick="Calculator.Input.value = ''">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="Zero" VALUE=" 0 " OnClick="Calculator.Input.value += '0'">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="DOt" VALUE=" = " OnClick="Calculator.Input.value = eval(Calculator.Input.value)">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="Div" VALUE=" / " OnClick="Calculator.Input.value += ' / '">
    <br>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    </TABLE>
    </FORM>

Just try it.

Re: Create calculator with the use of JavaScript

Hi, I am also trying to learn Javascript due to it's huge demand into the market. I will try this and then I will give you the source code directly. I am also completing my BSC.I.T. . As we are not having java script I decided to do it myself. Have you joint for any classes for this? I don't come across such coaching classes which provide you this course. Yes, you can join it by taking whole web design course. If you got this code before me just give it to me also by replying to this forum.

Post Re: Create calculator with the use of JavaScript

Hi, I have done what you want. I am giving you whole steps and source of calculator application which you can use.

CALCULATOR IN JAVASCRIPT:

<BODY>

<CENTER>
    <FORM NAME="Calc">

<TABLE BORDER=4>
    <TR>
    <TD>
    <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="Input" Size="16">
    <br>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD>
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="one" VALUE=" 1 " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += '1'">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="two" VALUE=" 2 " OnCLick="Calc.Input.value += '2'">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="three" VALUE=" 3 " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += '3'">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="plus" VALUE=" + " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += ' + '">
    <br>
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="four" VALUE=" 4 " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += '4'">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="five" VALUE=" 5 " OnCLick="Calc.Input.value += '5'">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="six" VALUE=" 6 " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += '6'">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="minus" VALUE=" - " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += ' - '">
    <br>
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="seven" VALUE=" 7 " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += '7'">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="eight" VALUE=" 8 " OnCLick="Calc.Input.value += '8'">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="nine" VALUE=" 9 " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += '9'">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="times" VALUE=" x " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += ' * '">
    <br>
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="clear" VALUE=" c " OnClick="Calc.Input.value = ''">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="zero" VALUE=" 0 " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += '0'">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="DoIt" VALUE=" = " OnClick="Calc.Input.value = eval(Calc.Input.value)">
    <INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="div" VALUE=" / " OnClick="Calc.Input.value += ' / '">
    <br>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    </TABLE>
    </CENTER>
    <BODY>

It will wok definitely.