Thread: How to Connect to MySQL database on my website?

How to Connect to MySQL database on my website?

I need to connect my site to a mysql database with some php code. Is there any advice out there that could assist me? The reason is because, we all know that database is very improtant if we have dynamic website.

Re: How to Connect to MySQL database on my website?

You can periodically keep deleting the binary logs, as they keep on being generated and eat up ur disk space. You should learn to debug "on-line", that is, add displayed infos in case something goes wrong, or a not to say it went ok, so when you have an error, you can find out where it comes from your code! The thread that fetches the logs, maintains a persistent connection - which means, as soon as the master generates a log, it's pulled out by the slave.

You need to have mysql / php running on the server, then you need to write bits of php to access the database and generate the appropriate html output. The Slave's run TWO threads - one which keeps fetching these Binary logs down to the Slave, and another thread, which acts upon the logs, figures out what changes have been made and immediately updates its own databases with the changes pulled out from the master.

If you log onto Macromedia home page and search for tutorials on ASP, there are absolutely loads of them. To access a remote UNIX server from a personal computer, you'll need a software application called a "terminal emulator". A terminal emulator opens a window into which you can type command lines to do stuff on the UNIX server. I have been down a similar road but chose to use PHP, there are far more ASP tutorials than PHP ones available.