Thread: Unable to update memo field

Unable to update memo field

I have a memo field that contains several text strings separated by line breaks. When I try to UPDATE a textbox to a memo field in MS-Access 97, I get errors when the text get bigger than +-200 bytes. The 'thing' tells me that a 'parameter' must be limited to 1024.I would like to write a query to add another text string to the end of the field. How do I embed a line feed in the SQL?

Re: Unable to update memo field

A data field that holds a variable amount of text. The text may be stored in a companion file, but it is treated as if it were part of the data record. Use the Memo field type to store blocks of data. The Memo field contains a ten-byte reference to the actual contents of the memo. For example, in the dBASE command list name, biography, name is in the data file (DBF file) and biography could be a memo field in the text file.

The actual size of memos, however, depends on the amount of data you enter into them. This may shed light on the problem, that somehow, maybe indirectly was linked with Adv HTML. Data from Memo fields of records in a table are stored in a separate file with the same name as the table and an .FPT extension. Memo fields are limited only by the amount of available disk space. I think you can try a utility called Advanced Access Repair an style="background-color:#ff0;">toan> repair your Access MDB file. It works rather well for my corrupt Access MDB files.

I guess one can view wrapping brackets around a field as good practice as it tells the parser to recognize it as a field or a parameter and not as a key word. When fields have spaces, the square brackets are required. I appreciate your trying an style="background-color:#ff0;">toan> get something fixed, but san style="background-color:#ff0;">toan>p posting this question in different formats.