Thread: How do we enable the Automation server that can't create object

How do we enable the Automation server that can't create object

I have some pages that has enabled with the browser message, An activeX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of page. Do I need to allow this interaction? When I am trying to create the project, I am getting this error :

"Automation server can't create object".

Re: How do we enable the Automation server that can't create object

If you have a solution by now, please mail it to me, it seems that the problem is occurs only when you try to run it on a client, when you try it local it works perfectly. Try this: Click Start | Run | type "regsvr32 oleaut32" then, "regsvr32 shimgvw" I'm going to guess that it is because of Browser Security. Most web browsers have their security set so that the local file system can not be tampered with when viewing a page that is not local to the machine.

Please try to download and install the latest windows script as suggested here: Error message in Visual Studio 2005 or in Visual Studio .NET: "Automation server can't create object", Then you need to tweak the properties of the level that the site is in. Tools ? Internet Options… ? choose tab Security ? click button Custom level ? scroll to 'Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins' ? select ‘prompt’ or ‘enable’. Presumably something 's changed there, probably we 'll never know how. it named visual studio 2005 in the title but since this is more a machine/system configuration issue, so it should also applies to visual studio 2008.

Microsoft Word component, which usually since office97 doesn't install by itself but is part of MS office suite. Most web browsers have thier security set so that the local file system can not be tampered with when viewing a page that is not local to the machine.So, the call is fine as is, the component however, is not found by ActiveXObject() constructor, so, doesn't seem to me to be a js issue, more than a system component one.