Thread: Changes made in the Database does not reflect on the front page

Changes made in the Database does not reflect on the front page

I have PHP file whose content filled up in the backend database I have tried making changes on the php pages, changes has been made in the database but it does not reflect on the front page, I have refreshed the page many times as well as tried changing the code in the database does not change on the page. The changes made in the database looks perfect but don't understand why it does not reflect. What kind of changes does it required.

Re: Changes made in the Database does not reflect on the front page

Using Visual Basic Scripting Edition to handle your data means that the Web page does not have to be static. This behavior is only a problem upon initial connection to a stand-alone executable. Therefore, one workaround is to periodically read and immediately write the properties ("refreshing" them). When you use VBScript logic to make a database connection, retrieve data, and display it in the Web page, this processing or load is transferred to the Web server.

The ADO concept, and its available methods, are discussed further when we are ready to write our database connection code. That only works in the later versions. the previous ones can be patched. so long as only new version results are accepted, it will only be a small window between when some jerk cracks the code (if they can) and everyone knows about it. over at xtreme, they generally want to see 3d and other benches, and if they are out of whack, they know something is up. If any data manipulation needs to occur before data is stored in the database, VBScript logic can change the data accordingly before it reaches the database.

I know a lot of people rag on FrontPage mostly because it creates a lot of bloated html, but it really can be a nice tool when working with IIS hosted websites that have the FrontPage extensions installed. To minimize the possibilities of this race condition, you should only "refresh" the properties when necessary (when a new connection is established). I do most of coding by hand or using other editors, but FrontPage is my tool of choice when it comes to managing and connecting to my websites.