Thread: What is difference between Drupal and Wordpress

What is difference between Drupal and Wordpress

Hi,
    Maximum blogger's are familiar with Wordpress and Drupal. I want to know what is exact difference between both. If I want to add a mulitple blog or publish my own blog site then which can be the best one. I had worked on both and found wordpress quiet easy. But what you usually prefers. I am quiet confused among both. Wordpress here I think offers more features and customization option. It is easy to install and use. But if I want to work on a large base then which is preferable. Thanks in advance.

Re: What is difference between Drupal and Wordpress

Both are most effective content management systems that helps a user the easy way of adding up content and sites successfully. Now the question here is which one is better for a CMS work. Both are popular and open source. But there are some key difference among them. Drupal is completely flexible. That means it allows a user to do whatever he want to do with his website. This allows easy creation of many membership websites and portals. But as compare to it Wordpress is more limited. But on the other hand Drupal need a more learning skills and it is more difficult to use. And as compare to this Wordpress is more handy and easy.

The main difference I can figure out is that Drupal need more skills to use. It is extremely flexible but really difficult to use. Flexibility means a user can do whatever he want in it. And if you go on Wordpress part then it is easier to use but it not flexible. That means you have limited functions to use. So if think on basis of CMS then both can be used as per the requirement. If you want to use advance features and need to add up more features then Drupal is fine otherwise Wordpress can be enough for your work in a normal mode.

Both are really awesome open source tools for blogging platform or content management system. If you want extensive web development services then go with Drupal. Otherwise Wordpress is best suited. If you making a single person or a small group blog then according to me Wordpress is fine. It has minimum functionality which meets the need and it is powerful with fully functional admin control panel. It has ready made templates so you does not need more advance skills. But if you designing a large website or setting up blog community then Drupal can be suitable.