Thread: How to make SFTP with FTP disabled

How to make SFTP with FTP disabled

I have set FTP to upload files to my Web server,but at the same I dont want users to be able to use standard ftp over port 21 instead i want them to have to use SFTP on port 22. Can you explain how it uses FTP over SSH2. SecureFX specifies that connection option as an alternative to SFTP.

Re: How to make SFTP with FTP disabled

I don't quite understand what you mean when you say "...I need some hosts to use the ssh only, and some hosts use ssh and sftp." Platform independent managed file transfer server that supports FTP, secure FTP (FTP over SSL), SFTP, HTTP/S, WebDAV protocols. Core FTP Lite is a Windows FTP client that supports uploading/downloading/deletion of directories (folders) and files, browser integration, SFTP (or secure FTP), SSL/TLS, handling of file permissions, transfer bandwidth control, etc.

FileZilla is a free, open source FTP client for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X distributed under the GNU General Public License. Are you saying you want some hosts to only allow ssh connections into them and NOT sftp, and other hosts allow both ssh and sftp connection? You can do the usual stuff, upload and download files, as well as resume uploads or downloads, works with firewalls, supports SFTP (Secure FTP) and SSL secured connections, handle queues of files to be uploaded/downloaded, etc.

If you do a svcs -a, you will get a listing of what services are controlled by SMF, and it will list the legacy scripts at the top. TurboFTP SDK is a powerful ActiveX/.Net-ready component and offers a full set of FTP client functionalities. Supports FTPS over SSL/TLS and SFTP. Supports blocking and non-blocking modes for calling methods. If that is the case you might be able to do something with the "subsystem" configuration option of the sshd_config file.