Thread: Excel 2007 Date Bug

zakir Guest

Excel 2007 Date Bug

Hello everyone

Hope you guys are doing great.I have a large amount of data that is corresponding to certain dates and time in my Excel 2007.. Even though I have Aust. as the editing and normal dictionary, with no sign of US anywhere, it keeps messing up my date format, regardless of how I edit it.I've attempted format painter, but it seems no effect at all. When I click on the formula box, it shows that the date is being read properly, but the cells aren't, and the plots aren't either!

Now you guys please help me regarding this issue.
    thanks goes to any help..!!

Re: Excel 2007 Date Bug

The number formatting for the Style "Normal" had altered to a date format.make it back to General.This doesn't fix the bug that caused the Style "Normal" to change, but it does bring you your spreadsheet back. My Pivot Tables had become a troublemaker as most fields were being showed as dates, and where they are an input field, cannot change the field number format.

I had a issues where i had to import a csv to a database with the dates in a specific format. Excel 2007 was an specific pig about it. I'd have toalter the cells to text, then type the date and fill it down.Formatting the date to a custom type just did n't take.That was my solution but mightn't suit if the dates need to be date fields

Have you tried to format the cells to custom.. Put your mouse cursor over the letter of the column you wish to format....after that right-click. Then select format cells,and select 'custom...and format as d/mm/yyyy you just attempt to do it Or format as custom'....and put ...d/m/yyyy h:mm AM/PM