Thread: Adding Output Caching in IIS

Adding Output Caching in IIS

I am trying add up a cache output in my site so that the images can be added up to cache. Here what I am trying to do that the IIS should tell the clients that they can cache all images on my site for a particular amount of time. I want to ask that what is the way by which I can add up a output caching in IIS. As cache can speed up the internet of a user. In simple words I am just trying to enable image caching in the site. Does any one know how to do this.

Re: Adding Output Caching in IIS

Any website has content and text in them. These content are either static or dynamic. The difference between them is that the Static content does not change form request to request. Whenever the user hits a site he will receive the same content. The examples of static content is HTML, jpg or gif. The second one is dynamic content. The example of dynamic content is asp.net or php. The range between these two is called semi-dynamic content. The IIS caching feature targets this semi-dynamic content of a site. By the performance of net is imporved and the static response for dynamic request. Here below is the simply way to insert output caching. To do this follow the below instructions.
    • First open your Administrative Tools and click on Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
    • In the tree view click on Picture on the left side.
    • Then from Menu item click on Output Caching Rules.
    • Now select form Action menu go to Add..
    • Add the jgp extension in the cache.
    • Now go to Monitor cached files > At time intervals and then enter 00:00:10.
    • Select the Headers box and enter Accept-language.
    • Check the "Headers" check-box and enter "Accept-Language".

Try this simple solution and if it does not work then visit the below link for more information. Go to IIS manager and then right click on the virtual directory of your web site. Click on Properties. Then click on HTTP headers tab and then click on Add.. button. Add cache-control:no-cache,
    pragma:no-cache , expires:0. Then close your IIS tool.
    IIS7: Add expires header or cache-control header

Configuring Cachine in IIS 7 is quiet simple due to the UI mode. IIS admin tools offers you a window view of each services by which you can make changes and set up configuration. Open up your IIS manager and then enter you site content. Then select output caching. Click on Add and the a Add cache rule box will appear. Configure it as you want and apply the changes.