Thread: SQL 2008 clustering with Windows 2008

SQL 2008 clustering with Windows 2008

Hello
    I have question for you guys,am not much in to SQL clustering.just curious to know SQL 2008 clustering remain the same as SQL 2005 in terms of it's functionality.Searching for any best idea for configuring the SQL clustering.

got only the guide in order to configure a two-node Fileserver Failover cluster. can i follow the same for SQL database setup
    any thoughts?

thanks.!!

Re: SQL 2008 clustering with Windows 2008

Microsoft varied the design to a certain levels.in the first level it will search for whether you machine is compatible with the setup.if it fails then you can't proceed so it should support clustering.mean while the r hardware must be on
    Windows Catalog for Clustering and purchased/configured as a cluster.

any way best of luck.!!

What i have done is that installed Windows Server 2008 enterprise also added the Hyper-V role and then restarted
    W2K8DC is a domain controller with a side serving of ISCSI, so possibly you want two networks,make node 2 just like you create the previous node
    now you are able to recover in SQL Server and it will fine for you. you have the software you need and the knowledge base to use it in brilliant way

For me it sounds like problem is not that the quorum requires a lot of I/O, it is that it must respond to I/O requests quickly.From the SQL online, it recommends the quorum disk should be at least 500 MB I would use the log drives for the quorum slice, mainly because most of the log activity is write while the quorum checks are mostly reads.since our cluster and the production db's are all located in a single location, in fact in a single SAN, there is no distributed transactions and therefor I don't think we need MSDTC.SSIS and some workstation tools require DTC because it is how SQL and
    non-SQL transactions work together.

Michael Tomrow Guest

Hi there

Well I’m no to sure if it is still similar, but may recommend you a very good page that has a lot of guides about the topic, I’m berry confident that you will founded interesting.
    http://www.starwindsoftware.com/technical-papers
    Best of luck