Thread: How to create .Net custom checkboxes for listview

How to create .Net custom checkboxes for listview

I have project requirement in which there need to create a thumbnail listview with checkbox for each item. I have designed the ListView control but it isn't pretty good enough and the checkbox location cannot be configured (it always aligns to bottom left corner and occupied too much space, anyway to change checkbox location? seems there is no such setting even by win32 p/invoke). The designing the checkboxes seems to be very complicated to design otherwise can we use custom checkboxes?
    Regards

Re: How to create .Net custom checkboxes for listview

To have nice checkboxes in a list view control need to have custom graphics if you could make it so and it would be 16x16 px bitmap image and draw it over the original check box. You also need to handle the OnAdvancedCustomDrawItem event that can be customize by drawing of individual items on the list view's canvas (using the Canvas property). OnAdvancedCustomDrawItem occurs at various stages in the rendering of a list item. Or else if you want to have a nice check box displayed next to the item you may also use 2 custom images - one for the checked state and one for the non-checked state.

Re: How to create .Net custom checkboxes for listview

I have also tried doing so but it was bit lengthy as well as confusing so i used custom software which provides me grid based/database applications, Most grids and ListViews today are heavily DB oriented that tend to perform poorly when presented with large amounts of data. But Glacial ListView attempts to fill this need by providing an extremely high performance .Net control with no ActiveX or unmanaged code.