Thread: rsunknownreportparameter error

rsunknownreportparameter error

It is really an tedious job to a send a parameter to a server. I am trying to send a parameter to report server through report viewer. In the server there are many reports. I am getting an frequent error "rsunknownreportparameter" from the server. The reports contains subscriptions. As from the last week no changes are made to the server. In the same manner I created a report with 2 parameters. But when I run the report the error comes back. Now what do I need to do for this.

Re: rsunknownreportparameter error

The parameters are used to determine the data in report, interconnection of similar reports and presentation of reports in reporting services. So it very necessary to understand the how set the parameters and dataset queries. How they work together. I am listing an example of what I do. Any incorrect value makes your database unstable. Just follow the example below.
    Code:
    ReportPath=/Site_Portal_Rpts/report6&@site_id=20075@year=0&rc:Parameters=false, ServerURL=http://localhost/reportserver

The error denotes incorrect value for the parameter set in your serve. You will need to review the parameter setting in your server, because the actual problem is the incorrect parameter value. I think your parameter value is not set to the point which is not expected. Check your subscription. Configure them and put the correct default of them. Then the error will not come back.

When you set a proper parameter field for a report it allows it to display a parameter prompt using the same value. This values can be edited if needed. Now in your case the problem is same. But according to me the issue it quiet difficult. Like I had created many reports via filter options. Here I don't understand that for no reasons the reports loses there default value. Many a time I reset the value and things goes on fine. So basically you will need to put proper value for parameters.