Thread: How to fix Z index problem in Google Chrome

How to fix Z index problem in Google Chrome

I am construction a sample of website for an project work. The banner part which I made using three layers is working good in Internet Explorer. But the story is different in google chrome. Google Chrome has disregarded all the positioning of layers. Now what changes will I need to do to make it work in Google Chrome. If I view the website in Chrome all the layers are placed over each other. Other thing I want to add a banner at the top left corner of the web page. It takes the headers position on the page. But the banner is not displaying properly. It shows the simple text without any formatting.

Re: How fix Z index problem in Google Chrome

The better practice is to design the web page compatible to Google Chrome and Fire Fox and later it you can try it on Internet Explorer. Here I am using IE and the browser is not enough capable to store the z-index vlaue for a hovered element. For eg there is an image which I want to hove up on the old one. And the size is bit increased here while zooming. What I want to do is to shift the text while zooming. But it not working as I want it. Then I concluded that it was not the z-index issue. It is due to the image. You just need to apply a position:relative declaration properly and here you are done.

As compare to other browser, Internet Explorer is more moderate browser in case of errors. I will advice you to learn the standard of code rather than attributes style of a particular browser. This will give you an general idea about your work. I am listing some examples as per my web page. Like for example the attribute - height="90"; is an invalid CSS. You will need to correct it to the following like - height:90px;. Now can identify where is your mistake. Just some simple errors your whole work can be a mess. Refer back to your codes and look at the standard of your attributes.

For the banner part of you web page why don't you try setting the z index of the wrap div. There are multiple issue regarding Z index over lapping with browser. Some is termed as a browser incompatibility. Normally in the IE browser the is due to CSS. Before applying the Z index you will need to understand it clearly. Go the net and look out for free sample code related to z-index layer issue. First try them out and then apply to your web site.

Re: How to fix Z index problem in Google Chrome

you have to make your element a positioned element.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 27-11-2010 at 05:20 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.