Thread: Masterpages and design in photoshop

Masterpages and design in photoshop

Ok I always make a design in photoshop and then just make a slice in which I can insert a frame. But in asp.net I use something called Masterpages (a more advanced version of frames), and I am not sure how I should get my designs from photoshop, into Visual Studio so it can be used with asp.net, and masterpages!

Hope there is someone who can help me.
    Totally Clueless! (Well, almost!)

Re: Masterpages and design in photoshop

You can still use frames if your code is in asp.
    And then I think most people here insert codes in php not asp, but may be I am wrong.

Yes. It is sad, but most of php code... * sigh *
    But I prefer to use masterpages because it allows sitemap controls, and many other good cases. Anyway, found out that I could just copy and paste html code to my master page html code and just the right bit of it.

But many thanks for your answer.
    And for heaven's sake, guys: Start code in ASP.NET!
    I feel quite alone

I can also quite perfectly code in asp.net, should be the smallest problem.
    I just significantly better like to code in php because I think you have more control over what happens. Ex. there is an "integral" calendar in asp.net which you can use for different things. Fine enough, there is certainly some who can use it for anything, but if I would have selected a specific date, so I would not suggest where I should manage to get it done.

My php calendar be home and therefore encoded by where I should look in the code for getting too smart. Besides I have several php libraries lying than I ever have made for asp or asp.net

And if you're thinking, "I started probably with php and can therefore be the best"... Well, then I started actually going back to asp, but found it much more hassle to work with than php

Now I have to do a little offtopic, but, is it possible to code asp on vista? Is not it something with the "server" or whatever it is now (can not remember) that you need on XP CD?
    And what are the libraries?

Libaries are where all the code you need is. So APIs or if you have an SDK available, etc. In asp.net there are all standard classes in libaries! And it brings me to the control: if you ever need more control, you can just look in the inspection class? Has never had a use for it in asp.net, but I do it all the time in C++ because it makes things like argument lists, constructors and definitions more manageable!

I have tried to code a bit in PHP and it is not because I can not code from scratch (it does of course in C++), but I prefer to work in an environment of drag'n'drop because I am too lazy to another.

Visually it is so easy to place a button where you want it and then it is automatically an event handler.

Anyway, have had it here discussion infinitely many times. I assume that I do not get you confident. But each to his taste! fortunately we are all different